Stage Performance Guide For Your Bluegrass Band is a new publication designed to help bands connect with their audience and be more entertaining on stage. Too many bands know how to make good music but lack the skills needed to be truly entertaining.
The author, Mark Johnson, says, “For a band to be successful they need to realize that it’s really not about the music, it’s about the audience. It’s about giving them what they want. They want to be entertained and make a special, emotional connection with the band, and that takes more than just music. At a live performance, what goes on in addition to the music is at least as important as the songs themselves.”
A partial list of topics discussed in the book include:
- How to grab the audience by their emotions and make them love you.
- How to exude confidence on stage without appearing arrogant.
- How to use comedy to really connect with the audience.
- What to do if something goes wrong on stage so you don’t embarrass yourself.
- The importance of adding emotion to your vocals to better connect with the audience.
- How to deal with stage fright so you can perform with power and confidence.
- The importance of your front man doing a good job of connecting with the audience.
- How to get the focus off of yourself and on to the audience where it belongs.